Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just in time for a test video with our new camera

I can't believe it's the last day of February, as well as Eco Emi's 2-year anniversary (I'm so proud of Christine; check out the Q&A I posted with her on my blog last year). I was wondering if this month's box would make it on time, and to my surprise, it arrived in my mailbox this afternoon.

 
Although Hayden and I were caught a little off guard (we were busy having another spa day, doing foot soaks from "Green Beauty Recipes," applying that fun peppermint foot stick from our November Eco Emi and painting our toe nails), we were excited to test out the video function on our new camera. Watch our video and see what you think.

For those of you who are unable to view the video, here's a list of what we received and our thoughts:

Serenity Vegan Hair Gel by ily: This is a really nice size sample of hair gel. It has a refreshly light fragrance, probably due to the agave extract in it. Since my hair has a tendency to get frizzy, I can't wait to use this one, if my hubby doesn't snag it from me first. I did, however, apply it to a section of my hair as a test. It made my hair silky soft and held my curls in place.

Exfoliating Foaming Vegan Cleanser by Suki: I'm familiar with this brand and have only heard good things about it. This particular product smells like those hard candies that are shaped like lemons and have a dusting on the outside. It must be the sugar in it. I wonder if it is edible. Ha ha :-)

Berry Red Lip Gloss by Purely You Minerals: I have to say that this color is sexy and reminds me of fresh crushed berries. It's a little sticky at first, but it looks great. The texture and shine is similar to MAC lipglass, although Purely You is probably better for you.

Peppermint Spice Lip Balm by Moody Sisters: Hayden and I just adore the little kitty cat on the tube. We also like the oval shape that makes it easier to hold on to, especially when the person applying it is only 3-years-old (the lip balms are usually Hayden's favorite item in the box). It has a mild peppermint scent that is perfect for my little lady.

The Amazing Trio Packets (Barley Grass, Wheat Grass and Alfalfa) by Amazing Grass: I am a huge fan of Amazing Grass. I received a sample package of Amazing Grass Amazing Meal in a past Eco Emi box and have been stocking up on the original flavor ever since. I have it multiple times a week. This green trio has my name written all over it.

Pumpkin Spice Bars by Athena Bars: Apparently, the blueberry bar from the November box was so popular that it was requested to be featured again. I gave my blueberry one to a friend last time, since the bars contain dairy, and it was well received. I happen to know someone else who'd love this pumpkin spice flavor, so it won't go to waste.

Collagen & Almond Enriching Moisturizing Lotion by Aubrey: I like this brand and am curious about this lotion. However, I'm not sure about the collagen and elastin. Although this lotion is Leaping Bunny approved, I don't think it guarantees that it is vegan. I'm assuming collagen and elastin come from animals. Does anyone know the answer to that one?

Key Lime and Mint Gum by Vitacare: I received this gum in pomegranate and mint in a past Eco Emi. I liked it so much that I usually have some in my purse for when I'm unable to brush my teeth after eating. The key lime and mint gum is the same flavor as the mouthwash I use by the same company. Love it!

Thanks for checking out our video and reading today's post. We hope to do a follow-up DIY, as usual, soon. Any ideas?