Monday, May 18, 2015

PERK wakes up your Monday morning look

Good Monday morning lovelies! I hope you are starting off your week wide awake. I don't know about you, but I tend to have a case of the Mondays that's written all over my face, especially around my eyes. I'm worn out from the weekend and it shows.

As I've gotten older, I'm not only battling dark circles, but also wrinkles. I love a good eye cream (the Acure Organics one I reviewed last week is excellent for all the way around the eye, including the lid), and now I'm drawn to serums, too, like today's amazing eye "treat"(ment) - it's a real "treat" in my book.

Kylie Worthington of Everblossom was kind enough to send me her PERK Caffeine Eye Serum for Tired Eyes recently, and I can't stop raving about it. Sold on her Etsy shop, this simple, handmade serum (with the cute name that reminds me of Central Perk on "Friends") consists of only avocado oil, sweet almond oil, vanilla and coffee.

The coffee is really the star ingredient. I knew it would be in there to help with the dark circles and puffiness (which it does almost instantly), but I didn't realize that I'd be able to smell the coffee so well (I sometimes use 100 Percent Pure Caffeinated Coffee Bean Eye Cream that doesn't smell like coffee at all). Lucky for me, I love the aroma of fresh coffee (it smells like it was freshly brewed) and since I no longer drink it (I gave it up years ago), just a whiff of the stuff is enough to mentally wake me up.

According to Kylie's Etsy page, "caffeine applied topically improves circulation and plumps up the skin, diminishing the appearance of the circles. It also works to bring puffiness down, so this eye serum going to be your new early-morning best friend! (Besides actual coffee, maybe.)

"Coffee-infused sweet almond and avocado oil creates a perfectly caffeinated, moisturizing eye serum for your eye area. Vanilla adds even more antioxidants to this super concentrated eye serum!"


Kylie also recommends using PERK to help reduce redness around the nose, which I have yet to try, but I do like to use it to condition my eyebrows/hold them in place. You only need a little bit (slightly less than what comes out of the dropper), so I also rub the excess from my hands off onto my stomach. I don't know if it's just me, but I think it improves the appearance of my skin around my belly button (any moms out there might know what I'm talking about). Maybe it works on thighs, too :)

To my surprise, I've been able to wear PERK under makeup without any issues. Perhaps it's because it absorbs so well into my skin. I love it! Thanks Kylie for sending it :)

Let me know on Twitter (I'm @Rawdorable) if you try PERK. I'm also now on Instagram (also Rawdorable) and Pinterest (Shannonmarie of Rawdorable). And, check out Kylie on the Everblossom website and her Etsy shop.

Have a beautiful day!