Friday, May 22, 2015

Ready for the weekend with Bare Republic

It's a little late to be posting this, as some of you may be taking an Internet break for the holiday weekend, but for those of you still reading, I thought I take a moment to tell you about my latest sunscreen find.

I'm always on the fence about whether or not to use a sunscreen, or which one to use (the studies are always contradicting each other). I make sure the kids and I get our vitamin D naturally from the sun, but I don't want to risk having too much exposure. Therefore, my household does use natural mineral sunscreen, especially this time of year.

Last year, I personally became a big fan of Coola Sport Mineral Sunscreen in Citrus Mimosa (my kids used Babyganics Mineral-Based Sunscreen or the The Honest Company Sunscreen). It blends well, moisturizes and protects my skin through a summer of swimming and hanging out at the beach. It also smells amazing.

This year, I'll probably repurchase the Coola Sport, but in the meantime, I found this Bare Republic Natural Mineral Sport Sunscreen Spray SPF 30 at Target, which claims to be "powered by Coola." I'm not sure if that means Coola makes the product or how it is associated with Coola (it is at least distributed by Coola). I do know that it is only $14.99.

This sunscreen is natural, chemical-free and water-resistant for 80 minutes. It's free of synthetic fragrances and parabens. The ingredient list looks very similar to Coola, which is cruelty-free.

I like that this sunscreen is available in a convenient spray, as it makes it easier to apply, especially during a day of slip-n-sliding and playing in the sprinkler (the kids and I tested it out last weekend). It looks like a typical white mineral sunscreen when sprayed on the skin.

However, it seems to blend a lot easier than some mineral sunscreens that come in a tube (ha ha, it must have given me a chill, which explains the goosebumps on my arm).

Although the kids and I played for hours in the sprinkler, no one got burnt. It was also easy to reapply. The best part is the light coconut vanilla scent (almost like a baked good), which is much more pleasant and faint compared to typical sunscreens. I'll enjoy using this sunscreen during our weekend in the sun (the weather is predicted to be beautiful the next few days).

Enjoy your weekend!

*****

On another note, don't forget that 100 Percent Pure's gift with purchase starts Monday :)