Monday, August 17, 2015

100% Pure Multimasking Monday

Happy Monday everyone! I recently returned from a relaxing vacation, which explains the lack of posts last week. It's also why I was especially anxious to try 100 Percent Pure's new facial masks (I needed to detox all that sunscreen and hydrate my overly sun-exposed skin).

As a 100 Percent Pure Approved Blogger, I'm lucky to be able to test out these lovely masks. Since I have combination skin, I knew I'd greatly benefit from both of them.

That's right; I had plans to use both of them, and I didn't hesitate to apply them at the same time. This technique is referred to as multimasking. It's when you personalize your face mask experience by using multiple masks to target your various skin needs. Since my T-zone tends to be more oily and prone to breakouts, I applied the Herbal Detox Mask to that area, while I tested the Aqua Boost Hydrating Mask to my sun-parched cheeks.

According to the Herbal Detox Mask tube, "this detoxifying mask purges out facial pores for a fresh, purified complexion. Use regularly to minimize pores, black and white heads. Nourishing and packed full of nutrients for healthy, clarified skin."

The directions say to apply a generous layer on clean skin, but if your skin is sensitive, I'd advise using a thinner layer. You may even want to do a patch test, if your skin is extra sensitive. Although my skin is sensitive, I was surprise that it didn't irritate my skin; however, it did tingle a bit while I was wearing it. This mask also has a nice refreshing scent.

The Aqua Boost Hydrating Mask tube states, this "super hydrating mask delivers water to thirsty, dehydrated skin cells, so your complexion is rejuvenated, plump and refreshed. Dehydrated skin shows lines and forms wrinkles, sagging and bumps. When your skin is hydrated, you look more rested and vibrant. Hydrating is adding moisture into your skin cells, whereas moisturizing is adding oil - healthy skin needs a good combination of both. This hydrating mask immediately boosts water into skin cells, vegetarian hyaluronic acid locks in hydration and cucumber juice calms and soothes."

This mask is calming and soothing the second you apply it. It feels more like a lotion than your typical clay-based mask. I love the natural cucumber scent that reminds me of a spa.

When it was time to remove the masks, the hydrating one seemed to have adsorbed into my skin, leaving it soft and supple. I'm not sure if I needed to wash it off, but I did, while I rinsed away the quick-drying detox mask. This is how my skin looked immediately after removing both masks with just water (I didn't even use moisturizer and/or eye cream for this pic). The combo of the two masks left my face in balance.

Both masks are 100% natural, vegan and cruelty-free. The Herbal Detox Mask works well for all skin types (for oily skin, use 3 times a week. For dry skin, use once or every other week, and for combination skin, use once a week), and the Aqua Boost Hydrating Mask is great for anyone looking to hydrate their skin (in my opinion, even oily skin could benefit from the occasional boost in hydration). If you have combination skin like mine, you might want to try this multimasking technique, too.

Have you tried either of these masks or multimasking? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

*100 Percent Pure provided these facial masks for review. All opinions are my own :)