Thursday, August 27, 2015

All eight 100% Pure Pomegranate Oil Lipsticks

I am in love with 100 Percent Pure's Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipsticks. I knew I would be, as soon as they were released. I was looking for the perfect red lipstick, and 100 Percent Pure answered my prayers with the pop of Poppy red in the collage above. I made sure I got my hands on it almost immediately, and since I was so happy with the lipstick itself (it's highly pigmented, moisturizing and long-lasting), I eventually added Narcissus, Foxglove and Melon to my growing collection.

Here's how Poppy looks on me (if you haven't seen it the other billion times I've worn it). It's a true red that doesn't turn bright pink on my lips (does anyone else have that problem? With a lot of other reds, they appear red in the tube, but look pink when applied to my lips). It's very bright and reminds me of something Taylor Swift would wear. It's a fun confidence-booster.

I think I lusted over Narcissus even longer than Poppy. Dana, the store manager at the 100 Percent Pure Annapolis store, was wearing it the first time I met her. I knew I had to have it. Unfortunately, it was sold out and continued to be sold out until one fine day it was mine. It's a powerful color, much like Poppy, but lighter and pink. It actually is a similar shade to the red lipsticks that turns pink on my lips, but this is intentional and more flattering. Although it is a bold shade, it does look nice on most people.

Foxglove is one of the most natural colors in these lipsticks. It's a pink nude that looks a little like my natural lip color, but better. I think it's especially lovely with a tan.

Melon is a bit of a chameleon; it tends to change color based on the lighting and how heavy I apply it. Sometimes it's more peachy pink and other times it's more pinky peach. I like to apply it lighter in the summer, as seen in this pic.

Recently, I received the other four colors: Calendula, Dandelion, Primrose and Magnolia. I couldn't believe how flattering every color was (and still is) on me.

I was a tad nervous about Calendula, as I tend to shy away from nude lipsticks (I have a lack of lips, so I'm in need of some color). To my surprise, it made my lips appear fuller and brighter. This is a game-changing peach nude, which may change your mind about nude lipsticks, too (I think Aesthetika mentioned the same thing in her YouTube review).

Dandelion is slightly brighter than Calendula and is more of a pinky peach. The color in the tube matches the strap on my top in this pic, but is darker and pinker on my lips. I've noticed that a lot of the colors do that.

Magnolia is the next shade up from Dandelion. It is darker and more pink, but not quite as dark as Melon. I found this to be a very easy shade to wear, especially in the summer.

If Narcissus is too bold for you, Primrose is perfection. It's a sweet, princess pink.

To get a better idea of how the colors look next to each other, here are the swatches I posted on Instagram. From left to right, the colors are Foxglove, Calendula, Dandelion, Melon, Magnolia, Primrose, Narcissus and Poppy. They are all gorgeous, but I agree with most of you when I wish there were more colors/more of a range of colors. It would be great to see more shades of red, purples and oranges. Fingers crossed that more will be coming soon :)

Which color would you pick? What colors should 100 Percent Pure add? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

Although some of these colors were sent to me by 100 Percent Pure for review,
all opinions are my own :)