Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sundae & Shake Smoothies on a Sunday

As I said in my last post, it's not always easy for me to find time to blog during the summer, but I'll try my best to update you on what I've been posting on my social media (for those of you who don't follow me on Twitter and/or or Instagram, as well as to provide a few more details).

For example, I've been enjoying some scrumptious sundae and shake-inspired smoothies, like this Hot Fudge Sundae Smoothie I posted on National Hot Fudge Sundae Day. This smoothie starts with a n'ice cream smoothie base, made out of frozen bananas, coconut milk, coconut cream and vanilla. It's topped with a simple fudge sauce (Philosophie Cacao Magic Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder mixed with pure maple syrup), more coconut cream and a fresh strawberry.

A couple of days ago, I used the same n'ice cream smoothie base to make a Caramel Sundae Smoothie. It's topped with a caramel sauce, made out of date paste (dates soaked overnight and blended into a paste), pure maple syrup, cashew butter, sea salt and vanilla. Of course, I couldn't forget the coconut cream, and instead of a strawberry, I garnished it with a Corarao Confections mini raw chocolate caramel cup.

You may have noticed that I wore my Moana Melted Ice Cream Cone Onesie swimsuit in honor of National Hot Fudge Sundae Day. I happen to be a big fan of the brand, so I also ordered the Strawberry Milkshake Bikini when there was a flash sale.

Inspired by the sale (and my purchase), I had to make a Strawberry Milkshake Smoothie in a similar sundae-smoothie style. It has a base of frozen banana, strawberries, cashew milk, coconut cream and vanilla. I topped it with a strawberry sauce (strawberries blended with chia seeds and Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder), more coconut cream and a fresh strawberry. So good!

*****

Now, for those of you looking for some makeup inspiration, I was tagged on Instagram to share my daily makeup essentials. Here's what you'll find in my everyday makeup bag. It's mainly 100 Percent Pure products, which is no surprise (I'm a 100 Percent Pure Approved Blogger, if you hadn't figured that out yet). Most days I wear the new Mattifying Primer, Tinted Moisturizer and Long Lasting Concealer in Peach Bisque, All Over Glow in Deeply Sun Kissed, Eye Creamsticks (usually Naked Glimmer, Ecru Glimmer and Light), Creamy Long Last Eyeliner in Royal and the Maracuja Oil Mascara in Black Tea. I also use my trusty Boot's Botanics Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown. I didn't post my blush and lipstick, as they tend to change from day to day.

What are some of your daily makeup essentials? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).