Friday, September 18, 2015

Blush for days

I got tagged by @cleancurator to share my #blushfordays post. I literally have "blush for days," so I narrowed it down to the ones I have been using lately. Although I posted this the other day on Instagram (the background image is from Paige Padgett's "The Green Beauty Rules" book I got from Eco18; I hope to do a review on it soon), I still had requests to do a more thorough post on the blog (here ya go @green_life_in_dublin; she just hit 1k followers, so congrats to her).

To start, I've been using this RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Promise for years. It's one of the first RMS Beauty products I ever tried (don't worry; it's been repurchased over the years). I love that it looks natural on both my lips and cheeks. It's a warm shade that's especially nice in the summer and going into fall. It's very moisturizing, so I recommend a dusting powder or some organic non-gmo constarch to set it on especially humid days. I'm a big fan of the glass containers that I've been known to reuse for other things when it's gone (think homemade cosmetics and a place to hold small crafting materials like small beads).

To the right of the RMS Lip2Cheek is Josie Maran's Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise. I tend to use this color in spring and summer. It literally is a watercolor wash of color, so don't be scared away from what seems to be an intense shade. You can feel the coconut water when you apply it, yet it sets quite nicely. I've used it on my lips, as well, but I recommend wearing it with a gloss or a lip balm.

Of course, I have to include some 100 Percent Pure products, as these seem to be what I use the most. It's no surprise that these also fall into that multipurpose product category, although I have some of their standard blushes, too. This summer, I usually went straight for my 100 Percent Pure Lip & Cheek Tint in Peach Glow (I also have Cranberry Glow and Pink Grapefruit Glow, but when it comes to blush, I grab the peach one more often). It looks really natural and goes great with a summer glow.

When it's really humid, I sometimes opt for a semi-powder blush. 100 Percent Pure's Pot Rouge in Baby Pink is like a creamy version of a powder blush or a powdery version of a cream blush. It's silkier than traditional blush, glides on smooth, yet has a powder finish. This is a soft pink, suitable for most skin tones. It's just enough color without being too much. I have also applied it as an eye shadow and lipstick; however, I recommend wearing it with a lip gloss or lip balm to avoid drying out your lips.

Lastly, my Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use Blush in Whisper gets a ton of wear year-round. With the exception of its slight shimmer, it is probably the closest to my true blush. It's quite light, yet provides enough color to brighten my paler winter complexion. Like the 100 Percent Pure Pot Rouge, this also leaves a powder finish, but is creamier in texture to start. I have worn it on my lips occasionally, but it can be a tad drying without a gloss (Vapour makes some lovely ones; I have Flare, Bitten and Discreet) or a lip balm.

Here are some makeup swatches of all the blushes side-by-side so you can see how they compare (from top to bottom: Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee in Poppy Paradise, 100 Percent Pure Lip & Cheek Tint in Peach Glow, 100 Percent Pure Pot Rouge in Baby Pink, Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use Blush in Whisper and RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Promise). Which is your fave? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Just so you know, I purchased all of these blushes myself :)