Tuesday, September 1, 2015

It's wise to try Earthwise Beauty

I can't believe that I've had these for weeks, and this is the first that I've mentioned them to you. My fellow beauty blogger and online friend Noeli (she's really pretty, both inside and out; check out her Instagram and YouTube account, as NZ0424) was kind of enough to send me some samples of her "holy grails," these awesome Earthwise Beauty products. I love how they came in these cute, brightly colored containers in a simple drawstring bag.

I meant to post them, as soon as they arrived, but unfortunately, they came as I was leaving for vacation. I had to wait an entire week to check them out. As a result, I totally disregarded Noeli's note that instructed me to first go to the Earthwise Beauty website (earthwisebeauty.com) to see which would be well suited for my skin type. Instead, I went straight to using them all (and then I checked out the website). Here are my thoughts.

To start, I received one face wash, sweetly named Marshmallow Suds. At first glance, I thought it would a fluffy, sugary concoction, but the name actually refers to the marshmallow root in it and the suds it creates as you wash your face (it feels a tad soapy, but only because I am used to oil cleansing). It's incredibly gentle, yet removes every trace of makeup. It makes my skin clear, smooth, even and soft as a baby's bottom. I think this would be suitable for most skin types (I personally have sensitive, combination skin that's aging, yet still prone to the occasional breakout; I think I have almost every type in one).

I followed up with the Moroccan Garden Eye Cream, which is nice and thick, but still absorbs well under my eyes. It instantly has a brightening effect. At first, I used it only at night, but when I've worn it during the day, it does not disturb my makeup. Oh, and it also softens fine lines.

Since I skipped the initial research, I randomly picked a moisturizer to sample first. The Marigold Fields Face Cream reminds me of the marigolds my mom would plant in her garden back in the day (I used to get in trouble for picking them). This face cream contains marigolds, and it smells a little like them. It is meant for sensitive, mature, dry skin and is very rich. I only needed a tiny bit for my face and neck. It absorbs well and makes my skin so soft. It seemed to reduce the appearance of any fine lines I have and kept my skin very moisturized.

Since I didn't have any issues with the face cream, I got brave and tested out the Ambrosia Del Cerrado Liquid Moisturizer. It looks a lot like the "butter" oil used to pop popcorn at the movie theater, but it's much better for you. It's packed with aloe, vitamin E and fruits. It's actually lighter in texture than it appears. I was able to use more of it than I thought without being an oily mess. It's excellent for all skin types, including those with sensitive, combination, oily and acne-prone skin. If your skin is dry, it's also a nice oil to use prior to your face cream.

The other two products I sampled were the Green Leaves & Co. Facial Oil and the Tangerine Skies Facial Oil. The Green Leaves & Co. Facial Oil smells very herbal and is the lightest of the bunch. It's meant for sensitive, combination, oily, acne-prone and damaged skin. I think this is great end-of-summer facial oil, especially if you've been out in the sun a lot. It's quite calming, and although it contains coconut oil, it does not clog my pores or breakout others who left reviews on the site.

If you really want your skin to glow, check out the Tangerine Skies Facial Oil, which has a lovely tangerine color. It's suitable for all skin types and is fast-absorbing, yet incredibly moisturizing. It also seems to have a firming effect on my skin. It's packed with anti-oxidants, and has been known to improve brown spots and eczema. I can tell you that it is lightening my freckles (which I actually love having this time of year), so I better get to that post I promised someone before they're gone for the season (you learn more about that soon).

Have you tried Earthwise Beauty? What are your thoughts? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable or on Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

Just so you know, Earthwise Beauty is cruelty-free, vegan, organic, fair trade, handcrafted, 100% natural, cold process, and preservative-free. Although my friend sent me these samples (thanks Noeli), all opinions are my own.