Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Flora's new scrub smells like the holidays

Hi everyone. I can't believe I haven't gotten around to posting about Flora Body Care's latest body scrub until now. More than half my first pouch of it is almost empty, so I probably should tell you my thoughts before it's gone.

I mentioned the new Mint + Cacao Natural Body Scrub on Instagram a couple weeks ago, comparing it to my favorite Vanilla + Coconut Natural Body Scrub. The texture is similar, and they both look like brown sugar. The Vanilla + Coconut looks like light brown sugar (I also like to compare it to golden sand on a tropical beach), while the Mint + Cacao resembles dark brown sugar. The main difference is the scent.

The Vanilla + Coconut smells like baked goods, which is especially nice with the new Mint + Cacao. It reminds me of hot cocoa with a candy cane stirrer. It brings back memories of playing in the snow and warming up with a mug of chocolaty goodness (who am I kidding? I still do this with my kids).

I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but it's been warmer than usual around here. I think it's going to be in the 70s for Christmas. I've actually gone bare-legged in skirts and dresses lately. Using this scrub has left my skin soft and silky, which is why I have no need for stockings (except for the ones hung up for Santa).

Just like the other two Flora Body Care scrubs, this new one is a dry scrub. It makes it especially nice for travel, and it preserves the gritty texture of the sugar longer, as you can see on my shoulder. This scrub really gets the job done.

I recommend pouring the desired amount of scrub into a separate cup or container, so the moisture from the shower doesn't effect the rest of the bag of scrub. Apply it to wet skin, rub in circular motions and leave on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing it away. If your skin is oily, you may want to follow up with a light body wash. I like to also use a firming lotion and/or dry oil spray when I'm done.

Just a reminder, Flora Body Care Natural Body Scrubs are vegan, cruelty-free, and free from parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, synthetic oils and aluminum. You can get 20% off your order with the code: RAWDORABLE20.

Have you tried Flora Body Care? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Flora Body Care sent me this body scrub. All opinions are my own.