Monday, December 21, 2015

Get Glossy Locks w/100 Percent Pure

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned on Instagram that 100 Percent Pure had brought back and extended their Glossy Locks haircare line. I remember using the original coconut-based shampoo, conditioner and hair balm, before it was replaced with the 100 Percent Pure haircare line still sold on its site. Now Glossy Locks is back and better than ever in four different collections that can be mixed and matched (Moisture Drench, Repair, Glossing and Grow More).

As a 100 Percent Pure Approved Blogger, I was lucky enough to receive a Glossy Locks shampoo or conditioner from each collection for review. I got the Moisture Drench Conditioner, Repair Shampoo, Glossing Conditioner and Grow More Shampoo. I love using them in any combination, but I'm most likely to pair the Repair Shampoo with the Moisture Drench Conditioner and the Grow More Shampoo with the Glossing Conditioner.

Although I definitely have long hair, the Glossy Locks Grow More Shampoo is my favorite of the four products I received. According to the 100 Percent Pure website, "Grow More Shampoo is formulated to promote new hair growth and minimize shedding by the power of natural ingredients. Sake and apple cider vinegar gently cleanse the hair and follicle pores by removing residue left by hair products and excess oil production. By removing residue from the pores, nutrients such as green coffee, caffeine and biotin can penetrate the follicles to stimulate the hair to grow stronger. Our formula is safe and gentle enough for color treated hair and does not contain color stripping sulfates, detergents or synthetic chemicals."

Since I have an oily scalp, it's so refreshing to get it clean with this minty shampoo (the lavender and mint together are so relaxing, like a spa treatment) that suds just enough to get the job done. It removes any product residue, but does not strip my hair of its natural moisture. It also does not cause my scalp to get dry and itchy. I have noticed that my hair does not shed as much. Fingers crossed that thicker hair is in my future.

Most of the time, I use the Glossy Locks Grow More Shampoo with the Glossing Conditioner. According to the 100 Percent Pure website, it "brings dull hair back to life. Sea buckthorn berry contains omega-7, vitamin B-1 and B2, which work together to prevent thinning hair and breakage, and add a glossy shine by sealing the cuticle. When the cuticle is closed, further damage is prevented and the hair is able to reflect more light. By adding ginger and coconut oil, our formula brings additional moisture so hair looks and feels healthier and stronger."

This conditioner is especially nice because it makes my hair shine with moisture, without weighing it down. It's so light and fruity. I just adore the smell (the green apple stands out the most), and how this conditioner makes my hair easier to comb.

Next up is the Glossy Locks Repair Shampoo, and boy do these locks of mine need it. The 100 Percent Pure website's description makes me feel like royalty by saying, "Give your hair the royal treatment with our repair shampoo made with honey and royal jelly. As a humectant, honey attracts moisture and prevents it from escaping your hair. It's full of antioxidants and nutrients that penetrate the hair follicles and cuticles to give it strength and shine. The proteins and amino acids found in royal jelly aid in restoring damaged hair while biotin stimulates the production of keratin."

As you can see, I have very long hair, which is subjected to a long time of damage. Trims only take care of the ends (btw, I probably need a fresh trim), so this conditioner does a lovely job of smoothing out any splits further up the hair shaft. It's also very moisturizing and has a sweet scent that puts me in a good mood.

The Glossy Locks Repair Shampoo pairs quite nicely with the Moisture Drench Conditioner. The 100 Percent Pure website says, "Our Moisture Drench Conditioner hydrates and restores health back into dehydrated hair. Our proprietary technology allows avocado butter and seaweed collagen to penetrate deep into the cortex to nourish dry, brittle hair, and make it soft and flowy. Horsetail and green tea help strengthen hair to make it resilient to future damage and helps it maintain its shine."

I haven't colored my hair in more than a decade, although maybe I should. I'll be 40 in the spring, so it's no surprise that I have some grays that usually get mistaken for highlights (sometimes I have trouble identifying the gray versus the blonde). The length of my hair, combined with those unruly grays (for those of you that don't have any gray yet, let me tell you that those gray hairs are a different texture and have a mind of their own), have my locks screaming for more moisture. This conditioner certainly helps to keep my hair soft and under control without being too heavy. It works well as a leave-in conditioner on my ends (I use just a tiny amount, less than a pump). It also smells lovely, like the other products.

All of the Glossy Locks products are all-natural, and free from sulfates or any other harsh detergents, synthetic chemicals, artificial fragrances, chemical preservatives or any other toxic ingredient. They are cruelty-free and either vegan or vegetarian (some contain bee products). Best of all, they leave your locks healthy and happy.

Have you tried Glossy Locks? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* 100 Percent Pure sent me these Glossy Locks products for review.
All opinions are my own.