Thursday, February 25, 2016

Taking some face time w/Face Thyme

One of my favorite ways to treat myself is with a relaxing facial mask, so when I was offered a chance to try Face Thyme's Salty Dead Sea Mask, I just had to say yes. Besides, it's handmade in small batches by two sisters in Huntington Beach, CA, and it only contains a few natural, quality ingredients (Dead Sea clay, grapefruit essential oil and thyme extract). You know how I'm drawn to small Etsy businesses with products created with love.

This Face Thyme Salty Dead Sea Mask comes in a simple glass container, as there is no need for bells and whistles. This green powder easily whips up into a refreshing, detoxifying facial mask. Just add a little water, organic apple cider vinegar or your favorite toner to a small amount of the powder to achieve your desired consistency. Personally, I like to put a teaspoon or two of the powder into the palm of my hand (cupping my hand slightly to create a well) and mix it with enough water to make a wet paste.

Then, I apply the mask to my face, as shown. In the above photo, the mask has already begun to dry. It smells herbally from the thyme, which I think is quite refreshing. You can feel this mask tightening and toning as it dries. Once dry, it easily washes away to reveal tighter pores and clearer skin (it won't clear your skin instantly, but I noticed a blemish get smaller and disappear faster while using this mask; yes, this nearly 40-year-old still breaks out from time to time). The best part is that it doesn't irritate my skin, probably due to its short list of ingredients.

The lovely ladies of Face Thyme also sent me this Naked Hemp Lip Balm, which is just what I needed this time of year. Between all my lipstick changes and the harsh winter weather, my lips were really paying the price. I'm so grateful for this combination of beeswax, avocado oil, hemp oil, almond oil and olive oil that has healed my chapped lips. Thanks again Ashley and Serena :)

If you haven't already, you should check out Face Thyme's other products on their Etsy page, such as the Revitalizing Coco Fresh Scrub, Coco Fresh Mask and Honey Regeneration Daily Moisturizer (this one looks really good). If you post a pic of yourself using one of their products on Instagram, you could be featured on Face Thyme's Instagram feed.

Have you tried Face Thyme? Which product is your fave? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Face Thyme sent me these products for review. All opinions are my own.