Saturday, March 5, 2016

Date night w/Vitruvi, courtesy of Petal & Post

I'm so lucky to have date nights with my hubby almost every Saturday. We get a break from the kiddos and some special time together. It's the perfect time to get out the Vitruvi Do Moisturizing Oil I received from Petal & Post, which sells only products that are free from sodium laurel sulfate, sulfates, parabens, propylene or butylene glycols, petroleum, PEGs, TEA, DEA, phthalates, GMO, silicones, pesticides, BPA, lead, artificial dyes, harmful synthetic fragrances or animal by-products. In other words, you can be assured that brands purchased on this site are safe to use, like Vitruvi.

Vitruvi is a Canadian brand, founded by brother and sister, Sean and Sara Panton (I snagged this pic from the Petal & Post website, so I can't take credit for it; just look at their glowing skin). I love how this brother and sister team started out with a joint blog, where they shared their combined global health and wellness knowledge. Through their passion for working together, they created a line of oils with the benefits of aromatherapy.

In Sean and Sara's words (the above photo is also from the Petal & Post website), "We started Vitruvi in our small apartment, while consuming lots of black licorice and occasionally fighting as siblings do. It was a passion project we started together with no expectations, but lots of aspirations. We took a risk; quit medical school and left jobs to pursue the idea of creating something. Now with an office and an incredible team, we continue to eat black licorice and still sometimes bicker like siblings. It's all even more of a passion now, and we are so excited to be able to share our products with a global community."

The business is truly a family company; even their mom handles quality control, trying every new blend and sample before it's released.


I haven't had a chance to experience the whole line, but I have to giggle, knowing that their mom tested out all the blends. I wonder if she had the same impressions of Do as I do, especially since the scent function is to "comfort and seduce." "Inspired by traditional oils used in Tantra, this unisex aroma is made with spicy oil extracts including Australian sandalwood, Sri Lankan cinnamon, Indian rose, and vanilla from France." Think "Unisex + Spicy + Alluring," which is the scent description on the Vitruvi website.



I'm totally blushing as I type this. When it arrived at my house, I casually opened the bottle to get a whiff of what was inside. Whoa! This stuff is good. The smell is intoxicating and a bit of an aphrodisiac. It appealed to both my hubby and I, as it has the perfect balance of masculine and feminine. The vanilla and rose are romantic, the sandalwood is sultry and the cinnamon is spicy like red hots. I seriously can't get enough of this scent.


This blend of 100% pure Italian sweet almond oil and castor oil absorbs beautifully into my skin, but gives me (or my hubby) enough time to massage it all over my body. It's free from parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances and dyes. It's also cruelty-free. I can't wait to try the other complex blends (they are made like perfumes with a top, middle and base notes, except they only use natural and 100% pure essential oils), including Focus, Go, Move, Sleep, Still and Wake (there's a sample set available for purchase on the Vitruvi site, if you'd like to try them all).


Have you tried Vitruvi? What's your favorite scent? Have you purchased anything from Petal & Post? Let me know your thoughts on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).


* I was sent this Vitruvi Do Moisturizing Oil from Petal & Post.
All opinions are my own :)