Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Kopari is beauty in a nutshell

The weather is warming up and layers are coming off. It's time to get your skin ready to bare and take care of that mermaid hair.

Lucky for me, Kopari Beauty sent me two of their pure coconut-based beauty products to give me that all-over natural glow. I received the Kopari Coconut Body Glow and the Coconut Sheer Oil.

Before I share my thoughts about these products, let me tell you a little about the brand and one of its co-founders, the beautiful Kiana Cabell (the above and below photos are from the Kopari website; I really must find out where she got that sweater). She was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, where she started experimenting with creating her own hair and skincare products made from wild coconuts, awapuhi ginger flower, papaya and aloe vera. She later attended the University of San Diego and further studied integrative health and nutrition at NYC's Natural Gourmet Institute, where she became a certified organic chef.

"The most important thing I learned? Coconut oil is the most kick-ass ingredient known to (wo)man," according to Kiana. "You can eat it, cook it, slather it, swish it, spray it, sun it, soak it, scrub it, and clean with it. There’s almost nothing this super-food can’t do."

Kiana also learned that what you put on your skin matters, as it's your body's largest organ; everything you put on it is directly absorbed into your bloodstream. Coconut oil seemed to be the safest option when it came to beauty, but she wanted something more luxurious than what's found in traditional grocery stores.

"I wanted luxurious coconut products made especially for my skin and hair," she said. "The high-grade stuff that feels good, smells great, absorbs well, isn’t greasy, is unquestionably safe and has amazing performance. You know, something that takes regular coconut oil up a notch. That’s when I decided to create the most perfect coconut oil beauty products on the planet."

Every Kopari product starts with 100% pure, organic coconut oil, sourced from the Philippines. They are natural, cruelty-free, vegan, and don't contain sulfates, silicones, parabens, GMOs, or toxins.

I knew right away that I'd love the Coconut Sheer Oil, as I'm a huge fan of similar products. It's a multi-tasking product that does everything from moisturizing my face and body, removing my makeup, keeping my nails and cuticles in tip-top shape, and helping me create that mermaid wavy hair.

This oil absorbs especially well. It works as a facial moisturizer after I wash my face in the evening and under my makeup during the day. It doesn't clog my pores and it softens my fine lines. It would be an excellent product to take on vacation, because it works so well by itself (who wants to pack a ton of products?). It's also great on my dry hands and as a carrier oil for essential oils on my chest (I've had a bit of a cold lately, due to the change in seasons; mixing this with a combination of essential oils like mint, eucalyptus, rosemary, etc., has really helped to relieve my symptoms).

I love how this product can be used as a leave-in treatment and styling product for my hair. It doesn't leave it feeling greasy and it helps create those sexy beach waves.

Speaking of the beach, I can't wait until I can hit the beach. Bikini season is my favorite time of year. My skin hasn't seen the sun in a while, so I was afraid my pale shade might blind you. Thank goodness, Kopari sent me this Coconut Body Glow. Coconut and shea butter soften my skin, while its natural pearlescent minerals give me a subtle sunkissed glow.

Just look at how this coconut body moisturizer shimmers in and out of the bottle (I finger-painted a heart with the product in the photo above). It's not as much color as a self-tanner, but it gives you a faint golden sparkle. It's beautiful on the beach and for a night out; however, I do not recommend wearing it with light colored clothing, as it can rub off on it. I'm curious about how it would look in my hair. I'll have to try that in the near future.

Are you looking forward to warmer weather? What products get you beach-ready? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Kopari Beauty sent me these products for review. All opinions are my own.