Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Lani has a new mask & it's chocolate!

I'm back from my break, and I'm feeling refreshed. My skin even looks fresh and renewed, thanks to this scrumptious new Lani Tropical Cacao Detox Mask.

You may recall my blog post about Lani's other fabulous products, which include the Tropical hair Treatment, Tropical Body Treatment and Tropical Super Serum. The line basically keeps you naturally glowing from head to toe. I also mentioned that I was anxiously awaiting a new addition to the brand, so I was beyond excited when it showed up at my door.

Honestly, I couldn't wait to try this chocolaty face mask, as I'm sure you can't either. I immediately scooped out some of this cocoa powder concoction into a small shallow bowl (although I've also mixed it in the palm of my hand). It looks and smells like cocoa powder, but it's really a 100% natural and vegan mix of cleansing and detoxifying pastel pink Australian clay and beige Australian clay, nourishing coconut milk powder, antioxidant-rich cacao powder, skin-brightening vitamin C, sodium bicarbonate, hydrating coconut water, anti-inflammatory aloe vera powder and healing turmeric.

All you need is a few drops of water to transform a tablespoon of this magical cacao detox powder into a fluffy chocolate mousse-like facial (the sodium bicarbonate gives it this heavenly texture). It even smells like a yummy dessert.

Seriously, when I posted the above photo of me wearing this mask on Instagram (this happen the very day I received this product), I mentioned that I was tempted to eat it off my face (don't worry; I didn't). It smells so delicious and is quite gentle, too. It didn't bother me a bit to leave it on long after it dried.

I do have a word of caution, though. Although it's easy to remove, I'd advise using a darker washcloth (definitely not a white one) to wash off this mask. The turmeric in this mask is excellent for clearing your skin, but the yellow color has a tendency to stain.

Everything else I have to say about this mask is completely positive. In addition to the turmeric, the clay does an excellent job of detoxing my skin and healing any blemishes, and the vitamin C makes my face glow (in a good way). The coconut milk, coconut water and aloe soften my skin and protect it from irritation. These three hydrating ingredients also help plump my skin, soften fine lines and keep me looking youthful (or at least as youthful as an almost 40-year-old can be). It's great for those with mature skin, who are still prone to an occasional breakout, as well as those looking to prevent the signs of aging. I'd highly recommend this mask. Fingers crossed that Urban Outfitters will start carrying it, since they already sell Lani's hair and body treatments on their website.

What's your favorite facial mask? Does it involve chocolate? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Lani sent me this face mask for review. All opinions are my own.