Saturday, April 9, 2016

Are you Prim & Proper or Not Proper?

I am so excited, because I recently received my Prim Botanicals Proper Not Proper order. I just couldn't wait to share my thoughts, especially since this weekend is your last chance to get 20% off with the code: PROPERNOTPROPER.

As you know, I'm a huge Prim Botanicals fan, so it's no surprise that I ordered four of the six new items on the morning they were released. Let's start with the Proper side of the new Proper Not Proper collection, as we all want to appear that way. It's the pretty side of pampering.

I just adore this Spoil Yourself Silly Body Scrub. It smells like fresh pink grapefruit, as the pale pink color suggests. It looks like pretty pink crystals, and contains sea salt, turbinado sugar, coconut oil, hazelnut oil, camellia oil, almond oil, andiroba oil, pracaxi oil, rosemary extract and a proprietary blend of essential oils.

I brought this in the shower with me asap, and since I brought you along, I kept things proper with a pink bikini. This clear sugary goodness is easy to scrub all over your body without making a big mess of your shower/tub. It's a gentle scrub that holds up long enough to lightly exfoliate your skin before dissolving in the warm water. It leaves behind a sweet scent and some mega moisturizing effects from those luxurious oils.

Silly me wore the new Pretty Perfect Lip Shine in the shower, as I couldn't wait to try it. This warm peachy nude is simply perfection in it's cute little glass jar (did I mention how beautiful the packaging is on all of these products?).

Since the lighting in my shower isn't the best, here's a closer look in better lighting. It's extremely moisturizing and is definitely more of a balm than a lip color. However, there is a lovely tint of sheer color that looks very natural.

The last item in the Proper Collection is the Mademoiselle Swell Perfume Oil, which I have yet to get in my hot little hands. This photo is from the Prim Botanicals website with this description: "Clean, fresh, and delightful, Mademoiselle Swell is a crisp blend of pure essential oils like French neroli, Egyptian jasmine, Sicilian lemon, and Himalayan cedarwood. This intoxicating blend of both citrus and floral notes will leave you feeling light, bright, and lovely."

The other perfume oil I did not receive is from the Not Proper Collection. It's described as "totally tantalizing, Flor Oscura is a voluptuous blend of pure essential oils like wild rose, warm sandalwood, and deep amber. Spicy, seductive, and completely intoxicating, with Flor Oscura you’ll always leave a lasting impression."

Moving on to the rest of the Not Proper Collection, I purchased the Debauchery Detox Body Scrub and Hey Now Lip Balm, of course (I'm so addicted to body scrubs and lip products).

This scrub is the completely opposite of the proper scrub. Just look at its deep, dark color from ingredients like Hiwa Kai Hawaiian black lava salt, Epsom salt, activated charcoal, Philippine Barako coffee grounds, coconut oil, cold-pressed hazelnut oil, cold-pressed camellia oil, cold-pressed almond oil, cold-pressed andiroba oil, wildcrafted pracaxi oil, tocopherol, and a proprietary blend of essential oils and fruit extracts. It smells like an intoxicating coffee blend.

The Debauchery Detox Body Scrub is a bit messy in the shower, but not as messy as most other coffee detox scrubs. Since this scrub is from the Not Proper Collection, I used it in my "birthday suit" (I might have to use this on my birthday, as it's coming up soon) to keep it from ruining my swimwear. Besides, that's how you're really supposed to shower anyway :)

This scrub is also more gentle than some other coffee scrubs I've used, but it still gets the job done. The best part is how it leaves my skin so silky from all the oils in it. As much as I love my Prim Botanicals Body Oil, I can actually skip applying it on the days that I use this scrub.

Again, I wore the Hey Now Lip Balm in the shower to match the Not Proper scrub, but the lighting didn't do it justice.

Here's a closer look at me wearing it in better lighting. It's not as dark as in the container, since it is more of a balm. However, it does provide that once bitten tint. Similar to a beet stain, it's only a sheer wash of color, although this one looks more natural than the usual fuchsia shade. Just like the Pretty Perfect Lip Balm, it's extremely moisturizing. I'd call it a lip butter.

As you can see, I'm over the moon with this new Prim Botanicals Proper Not Proper Collection. Let me know what you think, too, on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* I purchased these Prim Botanicals products myself.
All opinions are my own, as a fan of the brand :)