Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Suja Mango Berry Bliss Slushie Smoothie

Now say that name ten times fast. I almost called this cool beverage a Suja Mango Magic Philosophie Berry Bliss Slushie Smoothie to be more specific, but that really would be a mouthful.

I started this blog as a raw foodie and since transitioned to green beauty. However, I do like to go back to my raw foodie roots and give you a recipe post from time to time. Since it feels like summer around here, of course, I had to post a smoothie, or in this case, a slushie smoothie. It's named for the generous scoop of frozen strawberry "slushie" (just purée some frozen strawberries in a personal blender or mini food processor to make a strawberry slushie/frozen treat) added to this basic mango banana smoothie.

The mango smoothie tastes like something from Orange Julius, especially when made with Suja Mango Magic Cold-Pressed Fruit Juice Smoothie as the base (it contains organic apple juice, organic mango purée, organic orange juice, organic pineapple juice, organic banana purée and organic ginger juice).

I just blended some of this juice with frozen banana and some Philosophie Berry Bliss Vegan Protein & Superfood Powder (organic acai, organic goji, organic sprouted rice protein, organic pomegranate, organic camu camu, organic mangosteen and organic maca). It also tastes yummy with a 50:50 ratio of this juice smoothie and almond milk as the base.

Once you've blended your smoothie, serve it up with some of your frozen strawberry slushie piled in the center. If it's crazy hot where you are, it will get a little melty like the one you see here, but it still tastes delicious, especially when the temps and humidity are high. Don't forget your straw and spoon :)

Let me know if you try this slushie smoothie. You can find me on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Suja and Philosophie did not send me these ingredients.
I'm just a fan of the brands :)