Monday, August 15, 2016

Butter Angels feels heavenly on my skin

Recently, I was sent this Butter Angels Lavender Body Butter from Butter Angels and the Leaping Bunny Program. This all-natural, cruelty-free, vegan body butter is just what my sun-parched skin needed when I got home from my beach vacation.


If you haven't heard of Butter Angels, it's most likely because it's a small brand that's about ready to kick off it's second Kickstarter campaign (it starts September 1 for those of you interested in supporting this small business). Butter Angels is founded, owned, formulated and made by Rolande Sumner, a mother of four kids (2 children and 2 dogs), loving wife, retired U.S. Army veteran and philanthropist. She has a bachelors in liberal studies with close to 10 years experience in skincare formulation (don't you just want her to succeed in this business? I know I do).

The Butter Angels line of highly moisturizing skincare products include lip moisturizers, lotion bars and body butters. I happen to receive a body butter in lavender, although it also comes in lemongrass, rose and original. I just love how it softens my skin and gives it a healthy glow. The lavender scent (from essential oils) is also relaxing when rubbing it into sore muscles.

This lightweight combination of kokum butter, meadowfoam seed oil, vitamin E, vegecide and essential oils may need to be refrigerated upon arrival, as it has a tendency to liquefy in this summer heat much like coconut oil. Once chilled, it becomes a vegan butter that melts with the warmth of your body heat. Your skin drinks it up and shines like those models in the magazines.

Just look at how this buttery body treat transforms into a luxurious oil on skin. It's so good.

Let me know if you try this heavenly body butter. You can find me on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Although Butter Angels and the Leaping Bunny Program sent me
this body butter, all opinions are my own.