Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Oh how I adore Nudus lipsticks

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I'm a huge fan of Nudus lipstick (I even posted this lipstick sketch of the nude goddess logo the other day). When asked about my favorite lipstick brand, I happily praise these organic, handcrafted Australian lippies (see my original post about the brand).

Obviously, I was over the moon when Diana, the founder of Nudus, gifted me with a small package, thanking me for all my support. She didn't ask that I post about this, but I just had to shout it from the rooftops.

Inside this small package, I found four lipstick boxes with that familiar logo printed on the front.

I already knew that Diana had sent me a full-size tube of Revenge (this bold red has been out of stock forever; thank goodness it's back), but she also included three more gorgeous shades.

Here's a closer look at that red hot Revenge lipstick. It's a classic red that's definitely a fave.

Out of the 10 shades in the Nudus line, Precious is the only one I had yet to try. I had mentioned to Diana that I was unsure how it would look with my skin tone, but to my surprise, the color is much different than I expected and very easy to wear. Based on product photos and swatches online, I thought it was closer in color to Survivor (a bright, bold pink); however, in person, it's more of a cross between Fairy Tales (a peachy shade) and Halo (a pale pink). It's basically a salmon pink.

The other two colors I received from Diana included two colors I've posted myself wearing on Instagram, although I only had samples at the time. Based on the sketch at the top of this post, you probably figured out that one of these two colors is Just Like Jade. Don't be intimidated by the dark purple color in the tube; it's actually a much softer shade that's similar to 27 Kisses (the color I wear the most); it's just a deeper mauve (more purple and less blush).

Last, but not least, Diana sent me Dirty Diana, a deep berry red with a name that's a tribute to Michael Jackson and his song by the same name. On the site, it's described as a bold confident color to leave your mark on the world, much like this music legend. I know I definitely feel confident when I wear it.

I especially love combining Dirty Diana with Just Like Jade, as you may have seen me do in this recent Instagram post. I've been successful mixing various combinations of Nudus lipsticks to create new shades, and I highly recommend you try it, too.

Before I forget, here are some swatches of the four colors I featured in today's blog post. From top to bottom, you'll see Precious, Revenge, Dirty Diana and Just Like Jade. Which color is your favorite? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

Thanks so much to Diana for sending me these stunning shades :)