Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sprint to Success w/Teri Miyahira Beauty

It's that time again. I'm so excited to receive yet another Teri Miyahira Beauty Box (you can see my post about the past boxes here and here). The August "Sprint to Success" Beauty Box didn't arrive until the first couple days into September, but it was well worth the wait.


As usual, it contained three 100% natural, cruelty-free and vegan beauty products, including both makeup and skincare, along with a black velvet reusable bag (although I prefer the original cloth bags with the cute inspirational words printed on them, this was a fun way to mix things up a bit).


I know I should leave the best for last, but my favorite product of the bunch is this Teri Miyahira Beauty "Harmony" Compact Color for Face & Eyes. Teri had been teasing it for weeks on her Instagram, and finally I was able to see if it lived up to the hype.



First of all, how cute is this container? Of course, it has a handy mirror, but it also has a secret compartment to store your makeup brush, which is perfect for applying these bronze contouring shades and bright pink blush. I adore this pinwheel of color for both bronzer and blush, as well as for eyeshadow. Although I don't recommend using the provided makeup brush to apply these colors as eyeshadow, it's easy to create a natural eye look using your fingers as your makeup tools.

Here are some makeup swatches of the colors found inside this compact. As you can see, they are highly pigmented, but can also be applied lightly for a more natural look. I was surprised at how soft this vibrant pink can be on my cheeks.

In addition to the Harmony Compact, this month's box also included an individual Pressed Eyeshadow in Strength. This soft taupe color is nice on its own, yet it can also help tone down the brightness of the other colors.

See how soft it looks next to the other more vibrant shades. It's great for everyday wear and is the perfect size for carrying in your purse or even slipping into your pocket for touch-ups.

The other day, I snapped a pic of me wearing the Harmony Compact on my eyes and face. It really is quite subtle, which is why I have trouble photographing it. However, I actually prefer that my makeup looks this natural.

When I was ready to call it a day and wash that makeup away, I was happy to use the Teri Miyahira Green Tea Detox Gel Cleanser from this month's box. It's a deep-cleaning cleanser that almost reminds me of a much cleaner and greener version of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser I used back in the day, but with a hint of green tea. It keeps my complexion clear, without over-drying. It also removed my makeup, although the instructions recommended removing my makeup prior to using this cleanser. Btw, it's the perfect companion to the Teri Miyahira Detox Tonique Purifying Facial Toner from the June box (lucky me still had some left with which to spritz my freshly cleansed skin).

Have you subscribed to Teri Miyahira Beauty? What product and/or box has been your favorite? Let me know on Twitter at @Rawdorable and/or Instagram (also @Rawdorable).

* Teri Miyahira Beauty sent me this box for review. All opinions are my own :)